Monday, April 4, 2016

Hello Kitty Café – A Must Go in Asia

I thought the best way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago, is going to the huge Huafa Mall in Zhuhai and looking for the Hello Kitty Café I read about somewhere.
At the Huafa Shopping Center you can find Italian fashion brands like Patrizia Pepe as well as American brands like Tommy Hilfiger and of course many interesting Chinese brands. As every large mall they also have a cinema and a lot of restaurants and cafes.
It took me a while to find the Hello Kitty Café and I almost gave up. They do have a map of the shopping mall and it indicated that the café is located on the ground floor. I walked through the entire ground floor twice but I could not find it. When I was about to leave, I noticed that there were some restaurants on the outside of the mall. I finally found it and by looking at it is hard to walk by. There are pink chairs surrounded by beautiful pink flowers in front of the café and a big Hello Kitty sticker is smiling at you from the window. 
The Bonbon Hello Kitty Café has created a real Hello Kitty world. Hello Kitty is a popular icon in China. I have seen many teenager and young adults walking around with a Hello Kitty bag that you would give to a 5-year old. I guess whoever came up with the idea of this restaurant knew how many fans such a theme restaurant must attract. The décor includes a lot of pink and cream yellow. Even the furniture is in Hello Kitty style. The tables are oval and some look like cookies. The pictures speak for themselves… 
It is not a cheap restaurant but it was lunch time when I was there and I was hungry, so I decided to get the seafood spaghettis and a watermelon juice. It wasn’t the best seafood pasta. That is not the reason why you go there, but it was definitely not bad. Eating spaghetti out of a plastic Hello Kitty plate made me feel like a child again.
I was curious how the cappuccino would look like. Would they be able to create Hello Kitty design with the milk foam? Yes, they were. And of course it came in a Hello Kitty cup.
Taking a picture with the cartoon cat is a must:
I wasn’t the only one in the restaurant. There were two mothers with their kids and they ordered huge ice-cream bowls. It looked yummy. 
This is for sure a highlight for every girl, not matter of what age. J

No comments:

Post a Comment